The following gluten free menu ideas are straight from our household. I will list our favorite brands according to our personal tastes. Please remember to double check all items to make sure that they are still gluten free. Labels can change without notice. Check back often as I will continue to update this as we go along in our celiac journey.
1. Eggs with Udi's Toast
2. Rice Chex with Nuts on the side for protein
(Rice Chex offers a variety of gluten free cereals including Corn Chex, Chocolate Chex and Cinnamon Chex)
3. Egg sandwich with egg, cheese and gluten free bacon or sausage
4. Gluten free waffles (you could also make a sandwich using the waffle for bread)
5. Gluten Free Bisquick Pancakes (This is a GREAT pancake mix!)
6. Breakfast Burrito: 2 corn tortillas, scrambled egg whites with cheese, black beans
Lunch: (You can add a vegetable and fruit to make a complete meal)
1. Bell & Evans Chicken Tenders
2. Ian's Fish Sticks
3. Mrs. Leeper's (Similar to Hamburger Helper but gluten free)
4. Thai Kitchen Instant Rice Noodle Soup
5. Rice Cake with Peanut Butter
6. Schar hoagie bun with turkey and cheese
7. Schar hoagie bun with ham and cheese
8. Corn tortilla with cheese (toast the tortilla in pan, put cheese in and fold into a quesadilla)
9. Vegetarian Chili
10. Ian's French Bread Pizza
11. Kettle Cuisine Soup
1. Chicken nachos (I use baked tortilla chips with McCormick Mild Taco Seasoning)
2. Pasta with turkey kielbasi and broccoli (I use Hillshire Farms turkey kielbasi. I slice it and fry it)
3. Chicken salad with Bell & Evans gluten free breaded chicken tenders
4. Beef and Bean Chili (I use Bush's mild chili beans)
5. Sirloin Roast - Please see my recipe under Gluten Free Recipes
6. Chicken cacciatore - Make sure you use gluten free broth if you use it. I like Kitchen Basics.
7. Pancakes and eggs - I use gluten free Bisquick.
8. Roasted chicken with mashed potatoes. I like Bob Evans packaged mashed potatoes.
9. Fish with rice and green beans. I use brown rice.
10. Hamburger (no bun) with gluten free baked fries. Ore-Ida will label their fries gluten free on the package.
11. Stir-Fry - Be sure to use a gluten free stir fry sauce or gluten free tamari. If you cook your brown rice or vegetables in chicken broth, be sure that it's gluten free. I like Kitchen Basics.
12. Chicken Tacos (I use gluten free Bearitos taco shells with McCormick Mild Taco Seasoning and gluten free cheese)
13. BBQ Chicken (I use Stubb's gluten free BBQ Sauce)
14. Pasta with turkey kielbasi and broccoli
1. Can Do Kids Bars
2. EnviroKidz Organic Crispy Rice Bars - Chocolate and Peanut Butter
3. Glutino and Snyder's gluten free pretzels
4. Stax potato chips (check individual flavors)
5. Utz potato chips (check individual flavors)
6. Gluten free cashews, almonds, sunflower seeds, peanuts in shells or pistachio nuts
7. Cheese stick with turkey pepperoni
8. Gluten free crackers with gluten free cheese