GLUTEN FREE CROCK POT BEEF STEW
1 pound stew meat cut in small pieces
5 cups of variety cut up vegetables (potato, carrot, celery, onion, frozen peas)
gluten free beef broth (large carton)
1. Add cut up vegetables into crock pot
2. Heat skillet over high heat - add 2 tbsp. olive oil - add cut up beef - sprinkle generously with cornstarch
3. Cook beef until browned and transfer to crock pot
4. In beef skillet, keep on high heat and add some beef broth and 1-2 tablespoons of Gravy Master. You want to use the broth to scrape up all the yummy beef bits sticking to the bottom and sides of the skillet.
5. Pour yummy skillet broth into crock pot
6. Add 3/4 of the carton of beef broth
7. Cook on high for 5 hours
8. If stew is not thick enough, I use 2 tablespoons of cornstarch with just enough water to mix it. Stir it into the crock pot and let cook for about 5 minutes until thickened.