Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Mix Ups

We enjoyed dinner tonight at our favorite pizzeria. When our diabetic son's "diet coke" came, he mentioned that he wasn't sure if it was diet. I proceeded to take a little taste and couldn't make up my mind if it was diet or not. I sat it aside until I was able to ask the waitress. I explained that he was diabetic and it would be really bad for him if it was a full sugar soda (this is because I didn't dose him for it). She promised that she took it from the diet coke nozzle. OK... there was no reason for me to think twice at this point. Andrew continued to enjoy his soda. When I asked him if everything was ok, he mentioned that the soda tasted quite sweet. At this point, he probably guzzled down about 1 cup full. I told him to set it aside and just drink his water. The waitress came back and told us that someone actually put the wrong carton into the pop dispenser. Regular Coke was put in the Diet Coke spot. YIKES!!!!!! No wonder why he was 167 even before we started eating. In the end, we now have to contend with the sugar from the soda and the sugar spike from the pizza. Something tells me this is going to be a long night!

No comments:

Post a Comment