Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Baked Salmon Recipe


Thankfully, salmon is one fish that all of my children will eat. 

I used to be a person that was completely discouraged by cooking fish of any kind. 

That was until I found out that fish is actually one of the easiest foods to cook!

Best way to cook salmon: I use 1-1/4 lb. for our family of 5.  I always ask them for a center piece or to cut the tail off.
1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2.  Take your fresh salmon out and rinse under cold water.  Dry with paper towel.
3.  Spray your broiler pan with pam. 
4.  Melt about 1-2 tbsp. of butter in microwave. 
5.  Drizzle melted butter all over salmon.
6.  Season with salt and pepper.  If you do this before the butter, all of the seasoning will come off.
7.  Depending on the thickness, it will take about 10-15 minutes to cook.  When you cut into the middle, it should just separate.
8.  I like to then put my salmon under the broiler for a couple of minutes.  Turn your oven on broil and put it as close to the top as you can.  The butter will start to brown and make a yummy crust on your salmon.  Be careful to only keep it there for a couple of minutes. 
9.  The butter will give your salmon a nice sweet taste!

I like to pair my salmon with gluten free mashed potatoes or risotto and fresh asparagus.

No comments:

Post a Comment