Sunday, April 3, 2011

Chicken Stir Fry Recipe



I took this picture before I mixed everything together.  I wasn't sure how the kids were going to eat the veggies, so I kept them separate when I presented it to them. 

I honestly couldn't believe my eyes as they DEVOURED it!




HERE'S THE SECRET..................................... 

San-J Gluten Free Teriyaki Sauce!




Gluten Free Chicken Stir Fry Recipe:

Ingredients:
Thin sliced chicken
Brown rice (you can also use white rice or any other gluten free grain)
Broccoli slaw (I find this with the salad mixes in the grocery store.  It has a mix of shredded broccoli, red cabbage and carrots.)
Package of frozen veggies (I used this to keep the cost down.)
Gluten Free Teriyaki Sauce
Gluten Free Chicken Broth
Gluten Free Cashews
Olive Oil

1.  Put olive oil in pan (med-high to high heat) until hot.  Add thin sliced chicken and brown completely before flipping.  After chicken is browned on other side, pour in gluten free teriyaki sauce.  I probably only used 1/4 of the bottle.  It's completely up to you on how much you use.  I just wanted to make sure all the chicken was coated.  I then added some gluten free chicken broth to thin the sauce and cut the flavor a bit.  I probably added in about 1/4 cup.  If your chicken is not fully cooked yet, I would turn the heat to simmer and cover for about 5 minutes.  Just make sure that you completely cook your chicken and it's no longer pink.

2.  Meanwhile, put olive oil in another pan (med-high heat) until hot.  Add bag of broccoli slaw.  Keep stirring until it gets tender and limp.  Broccoli slaw can be tough if not cooked enough.  If your pan starts to burn on the bottom, simply add some gluten free chicken broth a little at a time.  It cuts the fat and helps to steam the broccoli.

3.  Pop your frozen veggies in the microwave until cooked. (I simply did this to cut costs.  Feel free to use all fresh veggies if you want.)

4.  Serve together.  I drizzled the yummy sauce over everything and topped with gluten free cashews. 

Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Wondering if you've tried any products from Walden Farms?

    http://www.waldenfarms.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tammy, I have not tried any products from Walden Farms. Thank you for letting me know about them. I'll have to check their website out. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete