This pork roast is absolutely delicious! The best part is that it's done in the crock pot.
- Put 8 oz. beef broth in crock pot and set to high. I use Kitchen Basics since it's gluten free.
- Brown pork roast in olive oil in a skillet over high heat to get a nice crust on it.
- Once browned, transfer to crock pot.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/4 cup wheat free Tamari Sauce, about 1/3 jar. of sugar free peach preserves. (I used Smucker's sweetened with Splenda), 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic.
- Once sauce is mixed, pour over pork roast in the crock pot.
- Let cook on high for about 5 hours.
After the 5 hours, you could use the juice as is or make a gravy (the gravy is pictured above):
- Take pork roast out of crock pot and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Pour all juices from crock pot into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Mix 2 heaping tablespoons of corn starch and enough water to make it completely dissolve.
- Once the juices are boiling, whisk the corn starch and water mixture until it thickens (this only takes a couple of minutes).
Since it's grilling season, I decided to add some yummy potatoes.
- Preheat grill.
- Par cook 4 potatoes (red or white) in the microwave. I cooked mine for about 4 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, add 1 large sliced sweet white onion, 1/2 sliced red pepper and a little minced garlic.
- Drizzle olive oil all over potato mixture and mix.
- Salt and pepper
- Take two large pieces of aluminum foil and make a cross with them. Put your potato mixture in the middle. Pull up two of the sides and roll down two times and then pull the other sides in and roll down two times. Make sure that you leave room for it to expand. I actually ended up splitting mine into two packets.
- Put your packets on the grill with medium high heat and close the lid. Cook for approx. 20 minutes.
- Be EXTREMELY careful when you open up the packets. The steam is very hot!