Sunday, November 13, 2011

Flashback

As I was walking up the stairs, I caught a glimpse outside my front door of the beautiful tree in our front yard.  The yellowish orange leaves were proof that winter was on its way.  There was a warm breeze; a little unusual for this time of year.

It took me back to this time last year when Andrew was exhibiting his first sign of diabetes.  At the time, I thought he was just thirsty from exercising.  Little did I know what was in store for us the upcoming week.

The kids were outside raking leaves and just having a ball!  Andrew kept coming in and requesting a drink of water.  I had a passing thought of his unquenching thirst, but then again he was raking leaves.  I can still picture the kids playing clear as day; they had no problems in the world.

It was surreal to relive the exact point of when diabetes was just starting to show its ugly face.  As I stood there staring out the front door, I had absolutely no feelings.  It was strange.  I think it was my fear of letting myself go to that place again.  So...instead of letting the flashback bring me down, I decided to focus on how far we've come through the grace of our Lord above!  I give all glory to HIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment