Here are the great tips that she gave me:
- Keep your meter away from water!
- Place your meter and strips in a beach bag and cover the bag with a towel to keep it from getting too warm inside.
- The meter likes to be kept under 86 degrees F.
- Do NOT let direct sunlight shine on the testing strips. This can ruin the enzymes in the strips.
- When testing, use an umbrella to shade the strips.
- If the meter gives an error due to temperature, you need to take it inside to cool off. Maybe you could go to your air conditioned car or a nearby restaurant or store. It should only take a few minutes to bring down to room temperature.
- When you come in from your day at the beach, sit your meter and strips on a table and let cool to room temperature before using.
- Be sure to use your test strip solution to check your strips whenever necessary.