Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Introducing our New Pump!

MiniMed 723

We are pleased to announce that we chose Medtronic for Andrews 1st insulin pump.  We really struggled between the Animas and the Medtronic.  There were two things that helped to make our final decision:

  • the Continuous Glucose Monitor option available on the Medtronic 
  • how you bolus.  The main thing I did not like on the Animas is that you had to manually enter the bolus amount. I had visions of 2.5 turning into 25.
All of the insulin pumps have wonderful options; therefore, it's really up to the individual using it.  I just wish I could pick and the choose the options I like from all of them and make my own custom pump.  

We will be starting with saline in a couple of weeks before we go live at the end of July.  I will keep you updated on our progress. 



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!! It's SO hard to choose the right one for your family. But we LOVE Medtronic. : ) The new one can be programmed in the .o25's for basal rates! That's teensy and more precise. ; )
    Let us know if we can help, Nikki!! : )

    ReplyDelete