Saturday, October 5, 2013

Pump Update

Well, this week we got the results from Andrew's first A1C after starting the pump.  The results are 6.1!!!  I was actually surprised since it was 6.7 right before we started the pump.  I have seen some rising numbers, but the pump is knocking them down right into place.

I cannot say enough how much we are both enjoying the pump!  The things that the pump can do is simply amazing.  We used our dual wave the other day for the first time when he ate pizza.  A dual wave allows you to give 1/2 the insulin upfront and then the other 1/2 over 4 hours.  Any diabetic will tell you that pizza is usually a nightmare when it comes to blood glucose numbers.  It tends to spike your blood sugar hours after eating it.  If you give all the insulin up front, you run the risk of going low.  Having the ability to spread it out over several hours helps tremendously.

If anyone reading this is debating whether or not to go on a pump, I give it 2 thumbs up!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for the good a1c! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get four emails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Thanks! pengobatan diabetes

    ReplyDelete